Colorado Option Standardized Plan Stakeholder Meetings
The Colorado Division of Insurance (the Division) is inviting all individuals and organizations to participate in six stakeholder meetings to discuss the framework for the standardized plan for the Colorado Option. The Colorado Option Standardized Plan will be available to all Coloradans starting in 2023, for people who buy their health insurance on the individual market (i.e., not from an employer) and for small employers (2 - 100 employees) who purchase insurance for their employees. The Division is seeking input from interested parties on the structure of the standardized plan, and how to structure the plan to improve health equity, reduce disparities, and incentivize high value services.
As part of the Colorado Option, the standardized plan will provide affordable, quality health insurance to individuals, families, and small businesses across the state. Individuals working in or representing communities that are diverse in regards to race, ethnicity, immigration status, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or geographic region are specifically invited to participate. Physicians, members of the healthcare industry, consumer representatives, and individuals who are or represent health care workers are also invited to participate. In addition, the Division seeks participation from people from the many geographic regions within our state.
The Division will host six (6) stakeholder engagement meetings on the following dates, times, and the topic areas:
- Thursday, July 29th, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Overview of the legislation and stakeholder engagement process
- Thursday, August 12th, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM: Required benefits and introduction to cost-sharing and benefit design
- Thursday, September 9th, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM: Incentivizing high-value care: How can it reduce health disparities and improve health equity?
- Friday, September 24th, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Plan Design and Cost Sharing Part 1
- Monday, October 4th, 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM: Plan Design and Cost Sharing Part 2
- Thursday, November 4th, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Summary of work and overview of Colorado Option plan
During the public health emergency, these meetings will be held virtually. Participants are strongly encouraged to attend all meetings to ensure consistency and accurate information flow.
Register for the first meeting using the link below.
Topic: Overview of Legislation and Stakeholder Engagement Process
Date: July 29, 2021
Time: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM MDT
All workgroup materials will be made publicly available on the Division’s website.