The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) regulates the insurance industry in Colorado, including health, auto, homeowners, life and title insurance, as well as pre-need funeral contracts, and enforces Colorado insurance laws regulating the bail bonding industry.
A Resource for Consumers
- We are an information resource for Coloradans, helping people to understand their insurance.
- We work with consumers to answer their questions and provide education about the world of insurance.
- We investigate consumers’ insurance complaints, working to ensure they receive the benefits they have paid for.
Regulating the Insurance Industry
- We regulate and monitor the insurance companies in Colorado, as well as insurance agents, making sure everyone is following State and Federal laws.
- We monitor the financial health of Colorado-based insurance companies.
- We review and analyze premiums and policy benefits, as well as insurance companies’ marketing, underwriting and claims practices.
- We create a regulatory environment that ensures a competitive marketplace for companies in Colorado, resulting in better access and choices for consumers.