The Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise law is designed to address the affordability of health insurance for Coloradans purchasing coverage on the individual market and expand subsidies for those not eligible under the ACA. It establishes an enterprise to administer a health insurance affordability fee assessed on health insurers and hospitals to fund measures to reduce consumer costs for individual health coverage plans. The enterprise is governed by a 11-member board, with 9 members appointed by the Governor (with the consent of the State Senate).
Health Insurance Affordability Board
Health Insurance Affordability Board Meetings:
* May 19th meeting has been cancelled and June 16th meeting has been extended by one hour *
- June 16th, 2023- 8:00-11:00am
- To register for virtual Board meetings, CLICK HERE.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Health Insurance Affordability Board Meeting Materials Board meeting calendar
Health Insurance Affordability Board members
- Rich Cimino, Consumer
- Michael Conway, Colorado Division of Insurance
- Stephanie Einfeld, Primary Care
- Rebecca Gillett, Consumer
- Shannon Groves, Health Insurance Carrier
- Rayna Hetlage, Board Chair, Advocate
- Karla Gonzales Garcia, Board Secretary, Consumer
- Kevin Patterson, Board Vice-Chair, Connect for Health Colorado
- Linda Thorpe, Hospital
- Todd Young, Business
- Vacant, Representative of Statewide Association of Health Benefit Plans
To apply to the Health Insurance Affordability Board go to the Application for Board / Commission for State of Colorado - select "Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise" from the drop-down menu for "Which Boards and Commissions are you interested in?"
Questions about the procurement process used for the Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise should be directed to Laura Mortimer (Laura.Mortimer@state.co.us).
Note: All solicitations with or on behalf of Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise are not subject to Colorado Procurement Code, including Article 109 (Remedies).
Learn More About Insurance
Health Insurance 101 Tips for Choosing a Plan Types of Insurance OmniSalud
If you have any questions regarding the benefits you may qualify for, or questions about the Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise please contact Maria Rodriguez at email@example.com