The Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise law is designed to address the affordability of health insurance for Coloradans purchasing coverage on the individual market and expand subsidies for those not eligible under the ACA. It establishes an enterprise to administer a health insurance affordability fee assessed on health insurers and hospitals to fund measures to reduce consumer costs for individual health coverage plans. The enterprise is governed by a 11-member board, with 9 members appointed by the Governor (with the consent of the State Senate).
Health Insurance Affordability Board
Health Insurance Affordability Board Meetings:
* * *January meeting has been canceled* * *
- February 17th, 2023, 8:00am-10:00am
- To register for virtual Board meetings, CLICK HERE.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Health Insurance Affordability Board members
- Rich Cimino, Consumer
- Michael Conway, Colorado Division of Insurance
- Stephanie Einfeld, Board Chair, Primary Care
- Rebecca Gillett, Consumer
- Shannon Groves, Health Insurance Carrier
- Rayna Hetlage, Advocate
- Karla Gonzales Garcia, Consumer
- Kevin Patterson, Board Secretary, Connect for Health Colorado
- Linda Thorpe, Hospital
- Todd Young, Business
- Vacant, Representative of Statewide Association of Health Benefit Plans
To apply to the Health Insurance Affordability Board go to the Application for Board / Commission for State of Colorado - select "Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise" from the drop-down menu for "Which Boards and Commissions are you interested in?"
Questions about the procurement process used for the Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise should be directed to Laura Mortimer (Laura.Mortimer@state.co.us).
Note: All solicitations with or on behalf of Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise are not subject to Colorado Procurement Code, including Article 109 (Remedies).
Serve as an AmeriCorps Member at the Division of Insurance
AmeriCorps, the federal agency for volunteering and national service, provides opportunities for Americans to serve their country domestically, address the nation’s most pressing challenges, improve lives and communities, and strengthen civic engagement. Learn more at AmeriCorps.gov.
Serve Colorado, the Governor's Commission on Community Service, empowers community-based organizations to meet locally identified needs and statewide challenges through service and volunteerism. Guided by the Governor's Commission for Community Service, Serve Colorado administers AmeriCorps Colorado and the Volunteer Generation Fund, promotes volunteerism through Days of Service, and presents the Governor’s Service Awards.
We seek 12 passionate AmeriCorps Members wanting to make a difference in the immigrant communities of Colorado. Members will enroll qualified individuals in the new health insurance program OmniSalud. Additionally, members will outreach to urban and rural communities to inform people about new health insurance benefits for Coloradans regardless of immigration status, including DACA recipients and undocumented folks.
Members will work one-on-one with qualified individuals and enroll them on a health insurance plan during the open enrollment period. OmniSalud builds partnerships with Connect for Health Colorado’s assistance sites and community organizations to provide access to healthcare to all Coloradans.
No previous experience with insurance is necessary; you will receive all the required training to help you succeed in this role.
As an AmeriCorps member, you will:
- Gain indirect service experience and skills in nonprofit and community-based organizations' best practices
- Serve full-time for nine months at a host site organization in Colorado starting August 1st.
- Become a certified Health Coverage Guide to provide free assistance to customers applying for health coverage and financial assistance programs that help reduce health insurance costs.
- Help customers understand coverage options and provide unbiased assistance in shopping for and selecting health plans.
- Receive an annual living stipend and eligibility to access healthcare and childcare
- Upon completion of service, you will be eligible to receive an education award or end-of-year stipend.
- Attend AmeriCorps member orientation at the beginning of your term and have access to free professional development opportunities throughout the year
- Receive ongoing coaching, guidance, and support from the Division's Healthcare Equity and Outreach Specialist and support from the staff at your host site.
- Become part of a statewide network of national service members and build lasting relationships in our state’s vibrant communities
To apply, please fill out this form.