The Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise law is designed to address the affordability of health insurance for Coloradans purchasing coverage on the individual market and expand subsidies for those not eligible under the ACA. It establishes an enterprise to administer a health insurance affordability fee assessed on health insurers and hospitals to fund measures to reduce consumer costs for individual health coverage plans. The enterprise is governed by a 11-member board, with 9 members appointed by the Governor (with the consent of the State Senate).
Health Insurance Affordability Board
Health Insurance Affordability Board Meetings
The Colorado Health Insurance Affordability Board, established under Senate Bill 20-215, will hold regular Board meetings starting on Friday, October 23, 2020. All meetings will be virtual until further notice, are open to the public, and include dedicated time for public comments. The Board will establish a regular meeting schedule, which will be posted on this page. Meeting registration information, along with meeting agendas and minutes, will also be posted. Please check this site regularly for Board meeting updates.
- Next regularly scheduled meeting: Friday, January 21, 2021, 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. MT
- Board meetings will now be held on the Zoom platform.
- To register for Board meetings, CLICK HERE.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Health Insurance Affordability Board members
- Rich Cimino, Consumer
- Michael Conway, Colorado Division of Insurance
- Stephanie Einfeld, Board Chair, Primary Care
- Rebecca Gillett, Consumer
- Rayna Hetlage, Advocate
- Maria Madrid, Consumer
- Venetia M. Marshall, Board Vice Chair, Insurance Carrier
- Amanda Massey, Colorado Association of Health Plans
- Kevin Patterson, Board Secretary, Connect for Health Colorado
- Linda Thorpe, Hospital
To apply to the Health Insurance Affordability Board go to the Application for Board / Commission for State of Colorado - select "Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise" from the drop-down menu for "Which Boards and Commissions are you interested in?"
There are no open procurement notices at this time.
Questions about the procurement process used for the Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise should be directed to Laurel Broten (Laurel.Broten@state.co.us) and Leilani Russell (Leilani.Russell@state.co.us).
Note: All solicitations with or on behalf of Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise are not subject to Colorado Procurement Code, including Article 109 (Remedies).