Enforcing premium reductions
Carriers operating in the Colorado individual and small group markets must offer a Colorado Option Standardized Plan (“CO Option Plan”) at the bronze, silver, and gold metal levels in counties where they offer non-CO Option Plans. A carrier must file CO Option Plan premium rates with the Commissioner of Insurance at reduced premiums consistent with the premium rate reduction requirements in § 10-16-1305(2), C.R.S. If a carrier cannot reduce premiums for consumers, the Commissioner of Insurance may hold a public hearing.
Click on the image to the left or the button below to learn more about the Colorado Option Public Hearing process.
Public Hearings for CO Option Plans that fail to meet the premium rate reduction and network adequacy requirements will be held by the Commissioner during the Summer of 2023 for the 2024 plan year. This webpage will allow stakeholders to access the public hearing schedule and related documents, as they become available.
- For individuals / entities that want to be admitted as parties regarding any complaints and pleadings connected to the Colorado Option filings.
- Form should be downloaded, completed and submitted submitted to the Colorado Insurance Commissioner by email at: email@example.com.
- Form MUST BE SUBMITTED within seven (7) days from the date the complaint is posted on the Division’s website.
Individual Market - Filings for 2024 from Insurance Companies
- Cigna 3-1-23 Colorado Option Plan Filings for 2024 Individual Market
- Complaints and Pleadings - Cigna (if applicable)
- Public Comment Sign-up - Cigna -- sign up is required by 6/2/2023 to provide comment at the hearing.
Small Group Market - Filings for 2024 from Insurance Companies
Below are the hearing schedules for carriers operating in the individual and small group markets in Colorado for plan year 2024. A Notice with Proposed Hearing Dates was sent on January 13, 2023.
Hearings may be held virtually, in-person, or in a hybrid manner with virtual and in-person options. A Final Notice of Hearing will be sent to all Parties prior to the final hearing date. Final hearing dates will be updated on this webpage, once available.
|Individual Market Filings & Documents||Small Group Market Filings & Documents|
- Public Hearing Process Regulation (4-2-92)
- Hospital/Provider Reimbursement Rate Setting Regulation (4-2-91)
- Carrier Premium Rate Reduction Filing Instructions and Templates can be found on the Division's Industry Webpage
- Parties to a Hearing can access relevant contact information to file Complaints, Answers, and subsequent pleadings here