Welcome to the Colorado Division of Insurance
The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) regulates the insurance industry in Colorado. We help consumers by answering their questions, investigating their complaints, and helping them to understand their insurance. We regulate and monitor the insurance companies in Colorado, as well as insurance agents, making sure everyone is following the law.
- Are You Disaster Ready?
Are You Disaster Ready? - The Division of Insurance encourages Coloradans to be prepared for the variety of disasters that can pummel the state - wildfires, hail, floods, tornadoes and windstorms, severe thunderstorms and extremes of heat and cold.
- Insurance Products
- Health Insurance Legislation
- Find Lost Life Insurance Policies
- Life Insurance Policy Locator
- The Life Insurance Policy Locator is a tool that was developed by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) that matches beneficiaries with lost or misplaced life insurance policies or annuities. Consumer requests are encrypted and secured to maintain confidentiality. Participating insurers compare submitted requests with available policyholder information. If there is a match, companies contact beneficiaries or their authorized representatives. Insurance companies have 90 days to research inquiries.
- Money Recovered for Coloradans by the Division
- Money Recovered by the Division of Insurance
- 2019 - $18,404,626
- 2018 - $19,990,667
- 2017 - $34,798,329