Most, but not all, of Colorado's laws about insurance will be found in Title 10 of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
The specific part of statute that refers to insurance is Title 10. Due to frequent changes by the CRS publisher, we no longer link directly to the individual statutes. However, the following is a guide to where you will find specific sections of statute that apply to insurance issues.
- Title 10 - Insurance
- Article 1 - General Provisions
- Article 2 - Licenses
- Article 3 - Regulation of Insurance Companies
- Article 3.5 - Certified Capital Companies
- Article 4 - Property and Casualty Insurance
- Article 5 - Nonadmitted Insurance
- Article 6 - Captive Insurance Companies
- Article 7 - Life Insurance
- Article 8 - CoverColorado.
- Article 9 - Franchise Insurance (Repealed)
- Article 10 - Credit Insurance
- Article 11 - Title Insurance
- Article 12 - Mutual Insurance
- Article 13 - Interinsurance
- Article 14 - Fraternal Benefit Societies
- Article 15 - Preneed Funeral Contracts
- Article 16 - Health Care Coverage
- Article 17 - Health Maintenance Organizations (Repealed)
- Article 18 - Medicare Supplement Insurance
- Article 19 - Long-term Care Insurance
- Article 20 - Life and Health Insurance Protection Association
- Article 21 - Colorado Care Health Insurance Program
- Article 22 - Colorado Health Benefit Exchange
- Article 23 - Cash-bonding Agents
- Title 8: Labor and Industry (Workers Compensation)
- Labor II - Workers' Compensation and related provisions
- Article 44- Insurance (related to Workers Compensation)
Note: The Colorado Division of Insurance does not have jurisdiction over individual Workers Compensation Claims. These claims are handled by the Colorado Division of Workers’ Compensation (CDWC) in the Department of Labor and Employment. The CDWC is the state office responsible for administering and enforcing the workers’ compensation law in this state.
The Colorado Division of Insurance also issues Regulations and Bulletins in addition to the state laws above.