Marshall Fire Response - FAQs on Additional Living Expenses (ALE)

Hide Featured Image

In response to the needs of those affected by the Marshall Fire, the Colorado Division of Insurance has posted a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Additional Living Expenses (ALE) coverage that is part of many homeowners and renters insurance policies. Also called "Coverage D – Additional Living Expense (or Loss of Use)," the purpose of ALE is to help you if your home is a total loss or rendered uninhabitable due to damage.

These questions were developed based on the questions the Division received during its January 4 town hall and the questions Division staff have received at the Disaster Assistance Center.  

FAQs on Additional Living Expenses


Find more information about insurance and the Marshall Fire on the Division's Marshall Fire Response website. You can reach the Division's Consumer Services Team between 8:00 - 5:00 pm by calling 303-894-7490 or by sending an email to

Show Post Date