The Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise law is designed to address the affordability of health insurance for Coloradans purchasing coverage on the individual market and expand subsidies for those not eligible under the ACA. It establishes an enterprise to administer a health insurance affordability fee assessed on health insurers and hospitals to fund measures to reduce consumer costs for individual health coverage plans. The enterprise will be governed by a 11-member board, with 9 members appointed by the Governor (with the consent of the State Senate).
Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise Board
Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise Board Meetings
The Colorado Health Insurance Affordability Board, established under Senate Bill 20-215, will hold regular Board meetings starting on Friday, October 23, 2020. All meetings will be virtual until further notice, are open to the public, and include dedicated time for public comments. The Board will establish a regular meeting schedule, which will be posted on this page. Meeting registration information, along with meeting agendas and minutes, will also be posted. Please check this site regularly for Board meeting updates.
- Upcoming meeting: Friday, December 11, 2020, 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. MT
- Registration link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/699114983099154189 (registration link may be used for all future meetings)
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the virtual meeting. Participants can use their telephone or computer mic and speakers (VoIP).
Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise Board members
- Rich Cimino, Consumer
- Michael Conway, Colorado Division of Insurance
- Stephanie Einfeld, Board Chair, Primary Care
- Rebecca Gillett, Consumer
- Rayna Hetlage, Advocate
- Maria Madrid, Consumer
- Venetia M. Marshall, Board Vice Chair, Insurance Carrier
- Amanda Massey, Colorado Association of Health Plans
- Kevin Patterson, Board Secretary, Connect for Health Colorado
- Shawn Satterfield, Business
- Linda Thorpe, Hospital
To apply to the Health Insurance Affordability Board go to the Application for Board / Commission for State of Colorado - select "Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise" from the drop-down menu for "Which Boards and Commissions are you interested in?"
- Enhanced support payment design **UPDATE
- Meeting Support and data visualization - RFQ now CLOSED
At the 11/20 meeting of the Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise Board, the Board voted to award this contract. This Request for Quotes is now closed.
Note: All solicitations with or on behalf of Health Insurance Affordability Enterprise are not subject to Colorado Procurement Code, including Article 109 (Remedies).